Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Parenting Your Asperger Child: Individualized Solutions for Teaching Your Child Practical Skills offers practical solutions for parents with children who have Asperger syndrome. The book is authored by Alan Sohn, a school psychologist and was a consultant to the Bucks County Intermediate Unit Autistic Program for around two decades. The co-author, Cathy Grayson is a teacher at Bucks County Intermediate Unit and has exposure to teach all levels of the autistic spectrum for more than twenty years.
The authors present a number of practical solutions that assist the parents of children with autism and related disorders for a meaningful social interaction outside the limitations of the autistic confines. Some of the topics covered are:
- The six features of Asperger syndrome;
- Identifying a child’s particular type of Asperger syndrome, including the ways to deal with the same;
- Discussion on understanding the ways in which a child with Asperger syndrome views and interprets the world;
- Skill sets to learn from a crisis, and surviving the same;
- Guidelines to schools for teaching children with Asperger syndrome