You're Going to Love This Kid!: Teaching Students With Autism in the Inclusive Classroom is a book for teachers integrating autistic students into the classroom.
Table of Contents
The 12-chapter book begins with the separate sections on About the Authors, Foreword by Eugene Marcus, Preface and Acknowledgments. The chapters are named as indicated below:
- Defining Autism
- Understanding Inclusive Schooling
- The Role of the Teacher: Attitudes, Values, and Actions that Support Inclusive Schooling
- Connecting with Families with Eileen Yoshina
- Creating a Comfortable Classroom
- Friendship, Social Relationships, and Belonging
- Building Communication Skills, Competencies, and Relationships
- Seeing Students with Autism as Literate: Beyond Sight Words
- Rethinking Behavior: Positive Ways To Teach and Support
- Inclusive Pedagogy: Planning Lessons in the Diverse Classroom
- Teaching Strategies: Ideas for Inspiring, Helping, and Engaging All Learners with Christi Kasa-Hendrickson
- Collaboration and Cooperation in the Inclusive School
Two separate sections - Bibliography and Index - complete the book.